The program committee encourages the submission of special invited sessions with sets of six invited papers on a well-defined subject of current interest or papers that focus on a common theme. These papers must present original, unpublished work and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
A special session could be
- A selection of papers with a focus on a specific subject.
- Cross-disciplinary invited sessions considering relevant topics for the conference, for example
- Safety in crossings: with presentations covering, analysis of crossing accidents, driver behavior studies, technical solutions and functionality to improve safety
- Automatic driving: aspects on traffic and regulations, technical challenges in sensors, communication and control.
- Drowsiness and in-attention: accident analysis, statistics, different technical solutions
- A benchmark session where several technical approaches are compared using a common scenario setup and/or common data are analyzed. Example:
- Algorithms for decision taking and path generation in overtaking situations. A number of scenarios (e.g. 5) specifying initial conditions of the traffic situation in an overtake situation and the contributors should demonstrate their solution in these situations.
Organizers of prospective special sessions should submit a Session Proposal with the following contents:
- Title of the session;
- Names, affiliation and full contact details for the organizers of the session;
- A description of the theme of the session and how the topic connect to the scope of the Symposium;
- A list of the six proposed contributed papers, including titles, authors, and corresponding author of each paper;
- A brief synopsis of the contribution of each paper;
The session proposal should be sent by email to Tomas.McKelvey@Chalmers.se no later than 15th of February 2015.
The Program Committee will review the submitted Session Proposals and answer the organizer of the session promptly.
The authors of invited special session papers must submit their extended abstract as detailed in the call for papers.
All papers in invited special sessions as well as regular papers will be subject to review and assessment by the Program Committee, who will select a proportion of submissions for inclusion in the conference program. An invited special session will be accepted only if the session itself and its contributed papers are accepted. Accepted papers of a non-accepted invited session will be included in regular sessions.
FastZero 2015 Symposium: www.FASTzero15.net